In my search for snacks that I can feel good about giving to my family I found a couple of great ones that I love! I love to give Judah healthy snacks like fresh fruit (he loves berries), organic apple sauce, cheese & crackers, healthy (low in sugar) dried cereal, among other things. But, I am not a prude. Every now and then a kid has to have a cookie. =)
I love to bake and my husband is an absolute cookie monster. I have to ration cookies when I make them. LOL. One of our favorites is homemade “Oreo-like” cookies. They are delicious! However, I don’t always have time to bake and in the summer it is just too hot to turn the oven on. So, rather than go without cookies all summer long – my husband would start a revolt! – I buy a bag every now and then for a special treat.
I look for brands that use organic and healthy ingredients. Of course our budget is limited, and I’m trying to buy more organic, natural, and whole foods, so cookies don’t always make it to the grocery list but I’m always scoping out a good deal. Earth Fare has several varieties of their store brand that we love, like their organic animal crackers. However, when I have a coupon, or when my budget allows a little splurge, I LOVE to get Late July Classic Sandwich Cookies. The chocolate sandwich cookies with vanilla bean & green tea are my favorite and I give my husband a hard time about savoring them so they will last longer (and he won’t gobble them all up before I’ve had a few!).
I also like to buy their Mini sandwich cookies for Judah. I tell daddy these are Judah’s cookies so they don’t vanish! There are several reasons why I think they are the perfect store bought cookies for Judah –
- they are made with real organic chocolate
- they are loaded with whole grains and calcium
- they are delicious! (Okay so I sneak and eat a few! Shhh!!)
- they have cute little endangered animal faces printed on them
- they are the perfect little bit-size for little fingers
- 10% of profits support Jane Goodall Institute’s programs
So, although they are a little pricey, you can feel good about the splurge when you’ve got a little extra spending money. Late July is a family business that was started by a mother, Nichole Bernard Dawes and her late father, Steve Bernard. So, not only are you purchasing a good product for your family, your supporting a small family business, and helping to continue sustainable farming practices and lifestyles. Not to mention, Late July’s newest products, such as the mini sandwich cookies also support the Jane Goodall Institute and its work protecting endangered chimpanzees and promoting sustainable livelihoods in Africa. Don’t you just feel good all over now?
Want to win some?
We’ll I’ve got two opportunities for you!
Late July is giving away coupons and the chance to win an organic beach bag filled with organic goodies for your summer road trips this summer! To enter send an email to [email protected] with your mailing address and post a comment on Facebook or at www.latejuly.com to tell them where you’d like to take your family this summer or please share a special trip experience from the past. All submissions will get coupons, but their favorite will also WIN a Late July Beach Bag filled with at least $50 worth of Late July Organic Snacks, a $25 iTunes gift card and they’ll also carbon offset your trip!
And, I am hosting a give away right here! One lucky reader will win a box of assorted Late July goodies!
To enter fill out the form HERE.
For extra entries:
- Tweet about this give away (up to once per day!). Grab this and post it on Twitter: @CentsibleSawyer is giving away a big box of yummy Late July Organic snacks HERE: http://tinyurl.com/2ws2jpc
- Grab my button and post it on your side bar or add a text link to this blog on your side bar – then come back and leave a separate comment.
- Blog about this give away and leave a link in the comments section here.
- Post it on Facebook with a link back here then leave a comment here with your Facebook link.
- Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email! Leave a separate comment telling me you subscribed -or that you already subscribe! Thanks to all my subscribers! You guys are awesome!
This give away will end June 5th at 11:59 EST and the winner will be chosen via random.org and then announced on this blog and notified shortly there after.