Ever since I had a baby and started using cloth diapers – for the health of my baby’s bottom – I realized how easy it was to make tiny steps to help our environment. Many things you can do will actually save you money too (such as cloth diapering)! So, it is a win-win! There are lots of reasons to do your part for the Earth, but my conviction comes from a Higher Power. I know that God expects me to be a good steward of all of the things he has provided for me and my family; that includes our relationships, our finances and possessions, and our Earth.
While I am just learning and taking baby steps myself I have begun to take a close look at our household cleaners and our waste (trash), first. We’re using up (or giving away) all of the household cleaners I have previously purchased and then we are switching to homemade, natural cleaning solutions. I’ll share some of those recipes in a separate post. I am also doing a lot to help the amount of waste we’re throwing out. I’ll share more about that in a later post as well! But, I want to delve into one thing specifically in this post: laundry detergent.
I have literally tried them all… every. single. brand. I’ve used name brands, off brands, store brands, and natural or “green” brands. I have a few that stand out in my mind as real winners. However, everyone is different and likes there detergents for different reasons: cleaning power, strong/clean scent, no scent, etc.
Cleaning power is most important to me. Another factor right on top for me is whether or not the detergent leaves a residue and if it is hypoallergenic – since I use my detergent to wash cloth diapers. I really love Oxiclean’s spray on treatment and I am very fond of Charlie’s soap. It is a GREAT washing powder (also available in liquid) that is natural and hypoallergenic, but it can be a little more pricey than the other detergents I have purchased in the past. But, I’ve just been introduced to something new…
Oransi has launched in the U.S. an ultra high efficiency hypoallergenic laundry detergent ball called “Robby Wash” that replaces 75 lbs of traditional laundry detergent.
At $32.95 for one ball that last approximately one year, this is not only is that a huge cost savings – it is also environmentally friendly – no wasted laundry detergent packages!
Before making its debut in the US it has been used in Europe for years and is most commonly used with baby laundry due to it being hypoallergenic and safe (as well as adults’ laundry).
The top Robby Wash he detergent benefits include:
- Superior cleaning ability when compared to traditional laundry detergent – Robby Wash he detergent is independently tested, proven and guaranteed.
- Saves money by eliminating the need to buy additional laundry detergent for up to one year – saving each consumer more than $100 per year.
- Easy to use – simply place the Robby Wash he detergent in the washer – no additional laundry detergents will ever be needed.
- Saves the environment by eliminating use of more than 75 lbs. of traditional laundry detergent each year.
- Contains safe hypoallergenic laundry detergent formulas and can be used as baby laundry detergent.
- Meets the strict environmental compliance requirements of Europe (more stringent than U.S.) and contains no phosphates or chlorine. Has received safety certifications from REACH and RoHS. Each ball is made of durable ABS materials. (Dr. Oz just aired a show a few weeks ago about buying products with no phosphates because they are better for your skin – won’t cause cancer).
- Economical refills allow each Robby Wash ball to last two to three years.
- The blue Robby Wash ball can be used in either cold water or hot water while maintaining the softness and colors of washed items.
- The fuchsia Robby Ball is formulated to specifically clean colored laundry items and is for use in cool water temperatures.
- A free stain stick is included with each Robby Wash ball.
Visit Oransi’s site HERE for more information or to purchase Robby Wash.
Want to Win One?
One lucky reader will win a Robby Wash Ball!
To enter fill out the form HERE.
For extra entries:
- Tweet about this give away (up to once per day!). Grab this and post it on Twitter: @CentsibleSawyer is giving away a big box of yummy Late July Organic snacks HERE: http://tinyurl.com/2ws2jpc
- Grab my button and post it on your side bar or add a text link to this blog on your side bar – then come back and leave a separate comment.
- Blog about this give away and leave a link in the comments section here.
- Post it on Facebook with a link back here then leave a comment here with your Facebook link.
- Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email! Leave a separate comment telling me you subscribed -or that you already subscribe! Thanks to all my subscribers! You guys are awesome!
This give away will end June 5th at 11:59 EST and the winner will be chosen via random.org and then announced on this blog and notified shortly there after.